Crafters know clear, quality lighting that protects the eyes is key to producing great work. A quality task light should support your crafts by increasing your accuracy, productivity, and overall comfort.
For one, when it comes to the handmade industry, it's so important to be able to see what you're working on accurately. You may think what you're working on looks great one way under dull yellow light, and then find that it looks completely different under natural light.
At the same time, you need to protect your eyes. Whether you’re a professional craftsman or a pastime artisan, working under harsh blue light for hours at a time can have dangerous short-term and long-term effects.
Long-term effects may include increased risk of Cataracts and Macular Degeneration, sleep disorders, behavioral and anxiety issues, cancer, diabetes, and obesity.
Immediate symptoms of blue light exposure include eye strain, headaches, discomfort, and diminished concentration. All of these symptoms directly impact the way crafters are able to enjoy and focus on their projects.
When looking for the right lighting for your studio, you should be looking for:
- Light Output: Lighting needs to be sufficiently bright and color-true to ensure accuracy of color when working on your projects.
- Sturdy Design: Efficient craft lighting needs to hold position effortlessly so that you are not constantly being distracted from your work to adjust it. At the same time, you should be able to adjust lighting for the various projects you are working on when you need to.
- Blue-light Safe: Lighting must protect you from harmful blue light rays to protect your eyes from short and long-term damage.
- Glass Magnifier: For a consistent sharper and clearer image of what you're working on to prevent errors.
Nothing brings us clarity like focusing on the things we love most. Our Clarity Magnifier Lamp is perfect for tasks, carpentry, crafts, reading, and more.
The Dr. Lite Clarity Magnifier Light provides the highest clarity in the craft light market, featuring:
- Ergonomic Design and extendable arm can be positioned at any angle to make crafting easier.
- 3 Level Brightness “Touch” Switch.
- 3 Diopter Glass Magnifier Lens Enlarges 175%
- Fully adjustable architect arm up to 44"
- Circular shade design for comfortable, even light direction
Dr. Lite is the perfect addition to every hand maker's workshop, supporting you to see clearly and craft brilliantly.